HPF invites speakers to campus every year to speak to students about pertinent Filipino and Filipino-American issues. Past speakers include the following:
- Tony Meloto, Founder of Gawad Kalinga
- Sheila Marcelo, Founder of Care.com
- Analisa Balares, Founder of Womensphere
- Gianna Montinola, Founder of Hands on Manila
- Father Benigno Beltran, author of "Faith and Struggle on Smokey Mountain"
- Amador Muriel, visiting professor for Physics
The FIND Conference
In April 2013, Harvard also hosted the FIND, Inc. conference, the largest gathering of Filipino college students in the country. This year’s Conference, entitled “Define: I am [adjective] [noun],” sought to challenge the lack of visible role models for today’s Filipino and other minority youth. It highlighted the struggle and success of distinct voices in traditionally underrepresented careers or lifestyles. Each felt that their tie to the Philippines has contributed significantly to their individuality and career. Ultimately, Conference aimed to encourage delegates to become innovative and to pursue independent career paths that will later serve local and global populations.